Business & Investment
If you are contemplating starting a new business in The Flinders Ranges Council district there are a number of resources available to help you. The Flinders Ranges Council Investment and Population Attraction marketing brochure is available here. There are also 5 insert flyers to compliment the marketing brochure:
Regional Development Australia Far North will provide Economic and Business Development services for anyone contemplating investing in, or starting or expanding a business in, The Flinders Ranges Council region. For further information contact: http://www.rdafn.com.au/business
Local Real Estate Agencies can provide advice of vacant shops.
Council can provide advice on planning and development issues.
The Federal Government has a website www.business.gov.au which contains a range of information relating to:
- Setting up a new business (registration, licences and permits, home-based business, e-business)
- Managing your business (taxation, employing people, franchises, retail leasing, superannuation, training and apprenticeships, fair trading)
- Expanding your business (tenders and contracts, importing and exporting)
- Getting financial and other assistance (grants, financial assistance, statistics and market analysis, advice and support)
Likewise, the State Government has a website http://www.sa.gov.au/topics/business-industry-and-trade which contains a similar range of information.
For those interested in intellectual property visit www.freepatentsonline.com - this site is a great resource for patent searching, R&D and market research. The site allows:
- free patent searching
- free patent PDF downloading
- setting up competetive intelligence alerts
- and more
Please contact the Chief Executive Officer if you wish to discuss how The Flinders Ranges Council can help "facilitate" your investment or business venture. All such enquiries are treated in confidence.